London Dancers, Teachers & Dance Professionals: Let your voice be heard!
What does the London dance community want and need? We have some big questions to answer to determine how we’ll move forward for the 2020/2021 season. We would like to hear how we can better serve artists, improve our allyship, and adapt to digital and distanced dance. Tell us what you think by participating in our round table meetings, completing a survey, and/or answering our call for ideas.
Here are some of the questions we’re asking:
- How can CMA & LDF better serve our dance community?
- What do you need in order to make a better living in dance?
- What’s missing in your dance life and our city?
- How can we improve our BIPOC allyship?
- Do you feel represented in our events?
- How would you spend our budget?
- What should we pay you for?
- How can we capture the energy of live dance in a digital format?
- What are the upsides of digital dance training and performance?
Open Call for Dance & Movement Ideas
We want to hear your ideas on how dance can adapt to this new world. Tell us what you want to create or teach, and how you’ll work with the current safety guidelines. Fill out the form with as much detail as you can, and feel free to contact us if you have questions at firstname.lastname@example.org
Click the link to share your idea! https://forms.gle/41jTZkynFgK2THyVA
Fill out our Dance Artist Survey!
If you can’t make it to the round table meetings, or prefer to express yourself in writing, answer our survey to give us your feedback and ideas. We want to know what local artists need and how we can better serve them through our programming.
*Survey link coming soon*
Dance Community Round Table Meetings
Join one of our Round Tables to discuss the current needs of the London dance community. We’ll ask questions and listen to your answers. Your feedback will help us plan future programs & events. These meetings will take place via Zoom in January/February. Everyone is welcome! Participants must pre-register.
*Meeting registration link coming soon*
The Plan for 2020/2021
As we all know, the on-going COVID-19 pandemic is having a big impact on people’s lives and activities. The Centre of Movement Arts has outlined a plan for the coming 2020/2021 season to better understand this impact before programming our events for the year. We are aware that the situation will continue to change, but this will be our general way forward:
- Check in with dance community through open call & survey
- Host community round table meetings (virtually)
- Analyze info gathered and plan programming to meet the needs of community
- Present outdoor/online Winter performance event
- Present classes and workshops starting in early 2021
- Present live Spring performance event (possibly outdoors or online)
- Gather more feedback on programs and assess the current pandemic situation
- Plan & present 2021 festival